Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2019 is full of happiness! Well, 2018 has been a whirlwind and a half, it’s definitely been full of ups and downs but it has definitely been a year of self improvement. So many good things have come out of 2018 which I’m going to be sharing with you in this post! I also thought I would put together a list of some goals and New years resolutions which I can look on next year!
Throughout 2018, I have accomplished so much which I never thought would be possible, here is a list of some of the accomplishments!
- I started a blog. On the 25th January I started Chlolauren.com and it has been the best journey ever. It went from a tiny blog which no one knew about to 400 followers up reading my blog daily. For many years now, I’ve wanted to create my own blog and even though it has been a journey of learning how to write posts and take flatlays, I wouldn’t change it for the world. I’ve also been able to start an income from my blog and I hope in 2019 I can develop my blog even more.
- I lost quite a lot of weight, 15KG to be exact. At the start of the year I wanted to change my lifestyle and it changed for the better. Last year I’d never touch any fruit or vegetables but now, I definitely have my 5 a day and I’m active as much as I can each day! It’s definitely something that has taught me quite a lot about myself and I can’t wait to continue my weight loss journey throughout 2019 (especially after eating all the food at Christmas)
- Finished my first year of university and came out with a 2:1 overall. This was a big achievement for me in 2018 as I never thought i’d be able to pass university let alone get a 2:1. Developing my education in a subject I’m really passionate about makes me really happy and university was definitely a good choice.
- In 2018, as well as changing up my diet, I was also able to become polo-vegetarian which was a definitely a big step. It’s definitely so nice to know that I’m helping the environment and I can’t wait to cut out all meat in 2019.
- In 2018, something I never thought would ever happen, I was able to go abroad for the very first time and I went to the most beautiful city, I was able to go to Rome and it was definitely a highlight of 2018. In 2019 I really want to go to Paris and to Berlin, it would definitely be amazing to do this.
Now that I’ve gone through some of my achievement’s, I want to put together some goals for 2019.
- I really want to go vegan or vegetarian. I’ve spent the past year getting into saving the environment and learning how important cutting out meat is for the environment so I’d love to go vegetarian fully. I’m not really allowed to have milk as I’m Lactose Intolerant so I really want to try and go Vegan also.
- I want to be able to be happy with my body by the end of 2019. I’ve spent the majority of 2018 worrying about my weight and suffering from an eating disorder. I really hope by the end of 2019 that I am able to be confident with my body and to get my eating disorder under control.
- Blogging is something I’m in love with and I have so many goals for the new year! I want to publish content that I’m in love with and try not to care about the amount of views I get. I also want to work with more brands on blog posts to develop my blog further. I also want to gain more of an income from my blog, the money isn’t everything but it would be so nice to be able to gain an income from my blog, especially the amount of work I put into it daily.
- At the end of my 2nd year of university, I really want to get a 1st overall. This may sound ambitious but I want to put in all the hard work so I am able to get a 1st at the end of university. I also want to spend some more time after lectures working on notes and revising just to make it easier on me when it comes to assignment’s and exams.
- I really want to visit as many countries as I can in 2019. As I’ve previously stated, I’d love to be able to go to Paris and Berlin, their definitely on my bucket list and I’d definitely love to tick them off this year.
Now for some New Year’s resolutions, making New Years resolutions is always something I get excited about doing every year. It’s definitely hard to keep them but I’m very motivated to keep them within 2019.
- I want to cut out all junk food, especially crisps and sweets. This is a big habit of mine which really doesn’t help as much as it could when trying to lose weight. I also want to limit myself to a takeaway every month especially because it can be quite expensive especially as a student.
- Something I’ve wanted to do for a while is cutting out plastic or minimise the use of it. I’ve learnt quite a lot of about this and the harm it’s doing to the environment so I’d really like to cut it out as much as I possibly can. If you have a blog post about this, please let me know in the comments.
- Getting organised is something I really want to do in 2019 especially when it comes to my blog. Sometimes when it comes to writing blog posts, I will leave them to the night before so their not as good as I’d like to publish so I’d like to get them written a fair few days before so I can work on the photography more and make the post perfect.
- I really want to stop spending money and only purchase things that I genuinely need. Living as a student is quite hard especially when it comes to money so I really want to save as much as I can and I definitely want to learn to document my finances.
- In 2019 I really want to get a job. As 2020 will be my last year of university, I really want to build up some money to find a house when I finish university and so I am able to travel during summer.
These are all my achievements, goals and new years resolutions. I really hope you enjoyed the read, let me know in the comments one of your goals for the new year! I really hope you had a wonderful New years Eve and have an amazing 2019!