I hope you’ve got your partly hats on because that’s right, Chlolauren has turned one! Can you believe my small blog is now one! I can’t quite believe that I have been creating content for chlolauren for a whole year now! Well I didn’t officially purchase the domain till September but it counts right?. As a celebration, I thought it would be a good idea to have a look back at everything I have achieved since starting my blog, there has been a lot! I’m also going to talk about some of the goals I have for my blog for the upcoming year!
A year ago today, I opened my laptop, typed WordPress and created what’s now known as chlolauren and I can honestly say it was the best decision of my life. For a few years now I’ve wanted to create a blog so I could express myself. As I am a very shy and held back individual in real life, I find it quite difficult to express my passions and I thought what better way to do this than creating a blog. When I first started blogging I honestly had no idea what I was doing, I’m still learning new things about my blog even now.
Before getting into what I’ve achieved etc. I just want to say a massive thank you. Without the love and support I’ve received from my blog in the past year, I wouldn’t have been able to achieve the things I have if it wasn’t for the love. Whilst I do love taking Flatlays and sitting at my desk tapping away, it’s really nice to know that their are people out there that read and love my content as much as I do! Being a blogger is one tricky job and I wouldn’t have the motivation and will power to pull through if it wasn’t for the people who read my content!
I thought it would be a good idea to have a look back on some of the achievements I have been able to accomplish from the past year, I’m so proud of myself for being able to do all of these.
- Completed the full 25 days of Blogmas- one of my biggest blog achievements- when I first started Blogmas, I never expected to be able to do the full 25 days.
- Collaborating on content with some amazing brands on both my blog and Instagram. I have been given the opportunity to work with so amazing brands and I’m so thankful.
- Reached 1K on Instagram- In the first 7 months of having a blog Instagram I was able to reach 1K and I’m nearly at 1.5K.
- I’ve been invited to so many amazing events which I would have never imagined!
I created my Instagram and Twitter shortly after starting my blog and I can’t quite believe the amount of love and friends I’ve made in the process. At the moment I’m writing this, on my Instagram I have 1.3K followers and on my Twitter I have 1.1K, I never expected to reach 100 let alone have 1,000 people follow my life!
Creating my blog has done wonders for my confidence and self-image, I never thought a year ago today I would be able to create my own content and make new friends through the blogging community.
I thought it would be a good idea to have a look back on some of my content and list my top 5 favourite posts my first year of blogging!
- https://chlolauren.com/2019/01/11/kick-starting-my-ny-resolutions-with-chemist-co-uk/ My first collaboration with a brand.
- https://chlolauren.com/2018/09/10/a-journey-of-accepting-and-growing-to-love-myself-eating-disorder-story/– Some of my favourite posts have been about self love and accepting myself.
- https://chlolauren.com/2018/06/22/my-weight-loss-journey-so-far/-Tracking my weight loss journey through my blog has been amazing!
- My first ever post which went live exactly a year today!
Over the next year, I want to write more content and write about the things I love! Will my following increase? will I work with more amazing brands? will I stop being anxious and go to events? stick around and we will go through this journey together!
Thank you so much for supporting chlolauren.com this past year! I’m so thankful.